Vision & Mission
• To promote development initiatives especially for the poor in urban areas of West Bengal
• To support urban local bodies in establishing infrastructure facilities related to water supply, roads, drainage, sanitation, solid waste management, sewerage, street light in their respective jurisdiction.
• To support urban local bodies in providing basic citizen centric services in urban areas of the State
• To identify weaker sections among the urban citizen and to ascertain income generation and employment opportunities for them by way of providing skill training and credit access.
• To support Urban Local Bodies to implement such programmes as would reach out the urban poor with urban basic services like literacy, primary health care, mother and child care, shelter upgradation and so on;
• To ensuremunicipal reforms and systematic planning system towards improved urban governance